Wednesday 1 May 2013

Mayday

Today is the first of May, and it's a bit of a crossroads on the calendar.

May Day is a spring festival.

International Workers' Day is a celebration of the working class, who generate all wealth and build all things.

Beltane is a Celtic festival that marks the halfway point between the Spring Equinox and the Summer Solstice.

Today has been a good day for a party for thousands of years.  Today also marks me being out for ten years now.  I wouldn't normally mark the day, but ten years is a hell of a thing.  So at the bar last night I spent time with old friends and new, ate my fill of pork and drank my fill of cider, and everybody had caterpillar cake.  We shared tales of good times, epic nights and acts of sheer lunacy.  It was a great night, one of the best this year.

I love my mates, they're amazing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment